Thursday, May 03, 2007

Can't Do Without...

I can't do without my family. Can't do without the 2 Marc's in my life (Marco Fernando --nope not a Latino hunk & Marc Ethan). Can't do without my friends. Can't do without God and Faith. Can't do without Love (oh yeah!), Can't do without many things, some even too superficial. But aside from the most importatnt people & beliefs in life, there are still small suerpficial things that make make my life run in smooth operation.

1. My Sony Ericsson K500i. Simple phone, good enough camera & mp3 for my ringtones. It's cheap & yet has better features than it's Nokia counterpart. I know... it's time to upgrade. But so far, it serves its purpose.

2. Cherry Kiss Lip balm, gel foundation & Kohl eye pencil - A girl can't live without her makeup! 3 simple things that transforms a zombie-like complexion.

3. My 216x218mm Green Apple Notebook - It's not a fancy notebook with artsy hard covers & fillers. For 45 pesos, It's smooth & white enough to write all my daily reminders at work, notes and contact numbers. The neon green covers makes it easier to spot 10 feet away within a pile of papers & files on my desk.

4. Deodorant - Must I say why? It has always been a 'Secret' though.

5. Coffee in the morning. Doesn't matter whether it's brewed or instant.

6. Cable TV .... once you've experience cable, there's no going back...

7. Cocoa butter lotion - Smells like "latik", but it holds back nasty stretch marks. The cheaper ones from Lander can already work wonders.

8. Internet Connection. Used to be a priviledge. My first post paid connection was for P800 a month, 25 hours surfing time (+ 2 email addresses). My ISP, Quantum Internet. I'm hooked to the net all throughout my stay at the office. Nobody could function without the connection. Everybody is dependent on the emails, the system reports, the instant messaging services. It was the most convenient thing since the telephone.

8. My MP3s. Music moves, period. It may be U2, old 80's alternative (otherwise known as New Wave), The Clash, The Smiths, The Cure.

9. My 1995 Toyota Corolla GLi. My first car, my own car. It was my baby. Spent most of my savings in car accesories, new tires, the works. 55 series 16" Dunlops, Alpine stereo, 4 way speakers, viper security. Drove it to Baguio, up the demanding stretch of Kenon Road. Endless out of town trips. Nightouts with friends. Boy if this car could talk... it would reveal all my dirty secrets.

10. My new macbook. Yeeey! Finally! Thanks to my hubby, I have my own. Why a mac? Why not?

No comments: