Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Memorable Movie Quotes Vol. 2

A few important lines that sort of explains...why I love the movies...

SAVING PRIVATE RYAN
Private Reiben: You want to explain the math of this to me? I mean, where's the sense in risking the lives of the eight of us to save one guy?
Captain Miller: Anyone wanna answer that?
Medic Wade: Hey, think about the poor bastard's mother.
Private Reiben: Hey, Wade, I got a mother, you got a mother, the sarge has got a mother. I'm willing to bet that even the Captain's got a mother. Well, maybe not the Captain, but the rest of us have got mothers.

Most apt title: Hating Private Ryan..

LOTR: RETURN OF THE KING
Aragorn: I summon you to fulfill your oath.
King of the Dead: None but the king of Gondor may command me.
[Swings sword; Aragorn blocks him with the sword of Anduril]
King of the Dead: The blade was broken
Aragorn: It has been remade.
Aragorn: Fight for us... and regain your honor.

ah yes, the moment I was waiting for...


Witch King: You fool. No man can kill me. Die now.
Eowyn: I am no man.

"I am ate guy..."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GLADIATOR
Commodus: How dare you show your back to me! Slave, you will remove your helmet and tell me your name.
Maximus: [removes helmet and turns around to face Commodus] My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

Real revenge...is Russel in a skirt
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BABE
Narrator: And though every single human in the stands or in the commentary boxes was at a complete loss for words, the man who in his life had uttered fewer words than any of them knew exactly what to say.
Farmer Hoggett: That'll do, pig. That'll do.

Had a hard time eating my porkchops after this..

No comments: