Friday, August 12, 2005

The Mini..


Last week a sleek blue Mini stopped beside me while on traffic. I'm not a big fan of small automobiles that cause claustrophobia but my interest suddenly shifted from the cumbersome SUV to the real star of the movie Italian Job. I figured this movie was made for the Mini...especially since Mark Whalberg didn't do much for it. Europeans love the Mini because of its power & its practicality to the narrow streets of Euroupe. Entirely different to the Americans love for Maybachs, Escalades & Fords. The best & most comfortable way to get them thru different states and huge freeways.
We pinoys on the other hand, are so into the aesthetics of impractical automobiles. Like rap stars who collect, trade & upgrade the symbol for success & power. Now if I were single, rich, Sean Puffy Combs ex-gf..I would take the Mini. Easier to park parallel & in between the F150 and Navigator along Daang Bakal. Much easier to traverse thru EDSA traffic..Will be a problem though trying to fit all my chain-smoking friends inside.

No comments: