Wednesday, August 31, 2005

....sigh...

I always ask our applicants..what are the most important things at work?

I am suddenly in that situation where I had to ask myself the same question...

My answer...

-Challenge
-Creativity
-Relationships
-Appreciation

At this point I guess I'm putting in renumeration... (always take into consideration the economic crisis)

quick somewhat-irrelevant thought---
What's worse than long painful death?
working for a short,arrogant,name-dropping,judgemental,insensitive,senior citizen boss?


Whenever I'm pissed at work, I immediately open my Jobstreet account and send a
dozen of applications...Then I miss 80% of the interviews and get creative with my excuses... Why oh why?

I think about burning my book, 'What color is your parachute' by Richard Bolles.
It was a gift from my uncle back when I was unemployed..for almost 3 years... This book is about skills, career management, happiness at work etc.

I hate my skills...

Things I'm never good at:

1. The details (I can't remember them...I easilly forget them..blame the anesthesia)
2. Numbers (I'll count bills over & over...)
3. Filing (is this something anybody should be good at?....)
4. Control (inventory...logistics...procedures??..I love to lose control..hehehe)

Why a career in Human Resources?
a not-so unique ability to understand individual behavior in a group setting...

I am in that rotten place where you find yourself stuck in something you can't get out of. Oh yeah, I now hear Bono singing.."you've got to get yourself together, you got stuck in the moment, & you can't get out of it.."
Worst part is that this is not just a "moment" thing, but almost like a lifetime of being stuck. "Infinistuck"...

My friend insisting that I'm in the wrong place...wrong job..wrong everything...
"Lusyang...hindi ka dapat HR. Wala kang pakialam sa mga yan. You hate the rules. You complain too much on everything..Hindi ka bagay dyan...

She's right...

No comments: